(in response to Kipling's White man's burden)
I know you are dead
sleeping in a mournful place,
what could be left of you?
it has been thousands of days,
but I want to talk to you,
something you boasted about,
white man doing a service
by colonizing distant grounds,
and I want to tell you,
about white man's deeds,
things which you probably knew,
but did not pay any heed,
he ate their flesh day and night,
their blood was his new wine,
he chewed on their leftover bones,
he called them dogs and swine,
he slept peacefully during famines,
he answered with bullet all the rage,
he filled his ships with the bounty,
when the poor were dying from plague,
he plundered their chirpy homes,
and sent them to distant lands to fight,
he did not even count how many died,
he laughed and joked on their plight,
this is the service white man did,
written just a preface of all his deeds,
I know you cannot wake up now,
I will explain it more when we meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment